There has been a great deal of publicity recently about the changes to the National Curriculum, and GCSE courses in particular. A summary of these changes can be found HERE
Ormiston Denes Academy is committed to a curriculum that will:
- Create a dynamic learning environment which is characterised by a strong commitment to the highest levels of achievement for all students.
- Support an understanding of environmental, economic and social sustainability.
- Set high expectations of students and develop high aspirations.
- Ensure that every child becomes an empowered learner, able to progress and achieve at a rate that matches his/her individual needs and abilities and which is not constricted by Key Stage barriers, age or organisational constructs.
- Place a high value on different achievements and outcomes for individual learners.
- Encourage all students to be responsible, aspirant, resilient, determined, independent and co-operative
- Promote community cohesion, helping every young person to make a positive contribution to their families, community and society.
- Advance the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the academy and of society
- Prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Develop the leadership capacity of all members of the academy.
Download the curriculum statement to find out how we plan to achieve these aims.
Click HERE for Grade descriptors for GCSEs graded 9-1
Click HERE for a three-minute video explaining Progress 8
- Science AQA curriculum map with links for Year 9 and 10 students. This contains links to homework, topic learning objectives, revision papers and past exam paper questions.
High Potential Student Resources:
You may need to download the free Adobe Reader to view these files.