There has been a great deal of publicity recently about the changes to the National Curriculum, and GCSE courses in particular. A summary of these changes can be found here.
Ormiston Denes Academy is committed to a curriculum that will:
- Create a dynamic learning environment which is characterised by a strong commitment to the highest levels of achievement for all students.
- Support an understanding of environmental, economic and social sustainability.
- Set high expectations of students and develop high aspirations.
- Ensure that every child becomes an empowered learner, able to progress and achieve at a rate that matches his/her individual needs and abilities and which is not constricted by Key Stage barriers, age or organisational constructs.
- Place a high value on different achievements and outcomes for individual learners.
- Encourage all students to be responsible, aspirant, resilient, determined, independent and co-operative.
- Promote community cohesion, helping every young person to make a positive contribution to their families, community and society.
- Advance the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the academy and of society.
- Prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Develop the leadership capacity of all members of the academy.
Download the curriculum statement to find out how we plan to achieve these aims.
- Click here for Grade descriptors for GCSEs graded 9-1
- Click here for a three-minute video explaining Progress 8
Click on the links below for more information on individual subjects:
High Potential Student Resources